5 Ways to Make Healing from Trauma More EquitableDec 03, 2021
I remember a few years back helping a correctional facility build out a healing program for their inmate population. When I asked how many of the inmates had experienced trauma before becoming offenders, they responded: over 90%.
You know what they say: hurt people hurt people, and healed people heal people.
We have a problem in our society. We live in a time where recovery from trauma has become a privilege, when it’s innately a RIGHT.
I’m passionate about empowering and equipping fellow survivors with the tools and knowledge to heal on their own—regardless of access. Now are therapists and healing retreats and coaches and self-help books a wonderful supplement to the recovery process? Absolutely. But are they REQUIRED? No.
Although we need equitable access across the board to these external resources—we also need the knowledge that we don’t have to be DEPENDENT on these resources to heal.
We’re all naturally wired to survive and heal on our own. It’s within us. We’re more capable and resilient than we know.
Here's what you need to know about making healing from trauma equitable for all.
- Healing equity will exist when every individual who experiences trauma has access to the INTERNAL and EXTERNAL resources, education and capacity to foster healing in their own lives.
- Equity is accomplished when disparities in access to external resources (therapeutic & other healing modalities) are eliminated.
- Although access to therapeutic and healing modalities for recovery can be a wonderful supplement to the trauma recovery journey, they aren’t required.
- Equity may also be found when trauma survivors understand that they already have the innate tools WITHIN them to heal.
- Healing equity aims to empower all trauma survivors with the connection to these internal resources, rather than keeping them dependent on external resources.
These are just some of the ways we can be empowered to take on the healing journey, and move from surviving towards thriving.
Join me inside the Healing Hub where there are dozens and dozens of resources for you to take charge of your own healing in an accessible way.
Curious about working with me? Click the button below to learn more about my current offers.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.